Digital marketing has progressed significantly in recent years with huge expansion, however, there is a widespread misperception that email marketing is no longer as effective as it used to be. Even now, some people feel that email marketing may create low-value content and maybe inundated with spam and ignore their messages more than they open them. Despite these issues, the truth is that email remains as the most viable form of digital marketing.
- What is Email Marketing?
- Importance of Email Marketing for eCommerce.
- Email Marketing vs Social Media Statistics.
- Future of Email Marketing.
- Best Email Marketing Platforms.
- Why is Email Marketing strategy important?
- Best time of day for Email Marketing.
- Pros and cons of Email Marketing.
1. What is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing – THE MARKETING CHANNEL’S KING
Email marketing is a powerful marketing channel, a form of direct marketing by sending a commercial email to a group of people to promote your business products or services.
It can also play a pivotal role in your marketing strategy by making your customers aware by integrating them into your marketing automation efforts.
2. Importance of Email Marketing for eCommerce.
Email marketing in E-commerce plays a vital role because it directly reaches out to your customer without any mediums like social media or search engine rankings.
Here Email is an important method of business communication which is fast, cheap, accessible, and easily replicated for building relationships with prospects, leads, current customers, and even past customers to create a convenient stream of conversation.
9 key elements on the importance of email marketing for eCommerce:
1. Stay in contact with your customers
2. Reach your customers in real-time
3. Engage with emails
4. Easy to measure your activities using Email marketing.
5. It’s affordable
6. Allows for targeted messaging
7. Increase brand awareness
8. It’s timely
9. Everyone (almost) uses email
3. Email Marketing vs Social Media Statistics.
According to a study by Campaign Monitor, 72 percent of people prefer to receive marketing materials from firms via email over social media.
On the other hand, the statistical report states that 87 percent of marketers use email marketing to disseminate their content which makes email the third most popular distribution channel.
Social media has become a major fixture in the online marketing landscape for it offers the ability to quickly reach new audiences around the world and potentially go viral in the process.
Email marketing, on the other hand, seems less exciting than social media. This makes sense considering most people opt-in to welcome email marketing when they make their purchases.
Here we have listed some objectives why email marketing stands ahead when compared with social media.
1. You get more attention
2. Control who sees what
3. Personalize for better results
4. Segment messages to increase conversion
5. Test what works
6. Legal questions are simpler
7. Email is still the most used channel
8. You own your email list
9. Email gets you more engagement
10. People prefer email for promotional messages
4. Future of Email Marketing.
Email marketing is a top-ranking digital marketing channel that also serves as a data source for analytics. The cumulative effect of all of these states that email marketing has the second coming of age and will still keep blooming.
Experts predict that email marketing will include fully automated 100% personalized messages driven by artificial intelligence.
9 Epic Predictions for the Future of Email Marketing are:
Gmail will fix its biggest flaw.
Hyper-targeted emails will become the norm.
Email templates will finally offer limitless control.
Get ready for insane personalization.
The era of HTML email coding is over.
Interactive emails will elevate brand experiences.
The animation will drive epic email engagement.
Email campaigns predict the content you prefer.
Marketers will triumph when automation and email unite.
5. Best Email Marketing Platforms
Marketers employ email marketing platforms, which are service-based software that provides a variety of services, resources, and tools for email marketing.
The three popular email marketing platforms are:
Klaviyo is a well-known email marketing platform which has a stack of all your customer data to transform email interactions into measurable revenue results by developing entrepreneurs into legendary brands.
GetResponse is a user-friendly marketing platform to create pages and send emails to automate your marketing. It acts as a tool to generate leads through online business and boost your sales with potential clients which converts online conversation into business.
Mailchimp is a well-known email marketing platform that is ideal for beginners and small enterprises. This platform allows you to create a free website, purchase a domain, create sponsored advertising and landing pages, publish social media posts, and send printed postcards to any location in the world.
6. Why is Email Marketing strategy important?
Email marketing is a low-cost digital marketing method with a high return on investment.
- Email allows you to tie all of your marketing channels together into a seamless and fluid buyer’s journey.
- With a large number of new and returning customers, you can develop personalised experiences that increase engagement and brand exposure.
- Email is a great way to get vital consumer data for more personalised and relevant client interactions.
- To supercharge your email marketing approach, use the power of automation.
7. Best time of day for Email Marketing.
In today’s world, it appears difficult to attract the attention of consumers who are bombarded with promotional emails on a daily basis.
To help you with that, we’ve gathered the most recent data on the best time to perform email marketing.
The best days to send emails Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and it should be send between 9:00 and 11:00 AM because in an office it will be their first routine to check their emails.
8. Pros and Con’s of Email Marketing.
Nobody starts their email marketing campaign with a thought of failure, but the truth of the matter is that it’s not as simple as sending an email to thousands of people.
Following list are the most important do’s and don’ts of a successful email marketing campaign:
1. Do create objectives for yourself and your campaign.
- Attract new subscribers
- Increase the engagement
- Provide value to existing customers and subscribers
- Bring back the inactive subscribers into the fold
2. DO decide what kind of email you want to send
3. DO use the technology to add up your advantage
4. DO create an eye-catching subject line
- Keep it short
- Make it straight and to the point
- Avoid trigger words
- Personalize your subject lines
5. DO check your email’s body is brief and to-the-point.
- Make your reader comfortable
- Personalization is key
- Engage your readers from the get-go
6. DO collect data and follow up
7. DO Keep in mind to provide a call to action.
8. DO secure your customers database.
9. DO remember to provide a physical address in your email.
10. DON’T bombard your readers
11. DON’T overuse images
Email marketing is a developed and widely accepted platform for promoting a business via email. It is cost-effective, accessible to adopt, and has a beneficial impact on your efforts.