- IMPORTANCE OF SEO IN E-COMMERCE STORE
- SEO TIPS FOR AN EFFECTIVE E-COMMERCE STORE
- HOW TO OPTIMIZE PRODUCT PAGES FOR E-COMMERCE SEO
- ON-PAGE SEO TECHNIQUES FOR E-COMMERCE WEBSITES
- OFF-PAGE SEO TECHNIQUES FOR E-COMMERCE WEBSITES
- HOW SOCIAL MEDIA HELPS FOR E-COMMERCE WEBSITE
eCommerce seo is the process of making your online store visible in the search engine results pages (SERPs) by selling products to the customers online gaining more traffic. Instead of getting traffic through paid search, you can use SEO techniques for e-commerce which helps in optimizing your product description, metadata, internal link structure, and navigation structure for search and for user experience.
IMPORTANCE OF SEO IN E-COMMERCE STORE
Search Engine Optimisation helps the customers to purchase the best products from the eCommerce websites which rank higher with more organic search. The technology has evolved over the years transforming 89 percent of customers’ way of purchasing products using search engines in the decision-making process.
SEO is a cost-effective way in keeping your sales and profit in a flow with the traffic from organic search which saves your time and money by achieving more by spending less. It delivers the targeted customers making a long-lasting great investment.
SEO TIPS FOR AN EFFECTIVE E-COMMERCE STORE
Are you an entrepreneur looking for how to increase your rankings and conversions? Give up your worries and follow the below-mentioned effective tactics by implementing them on your business website.
- Use efficient keywords to rank your eCommerce website.
- Mention the strategic keywords with anchor text.
- Build your own content instead of duplicate content from other sites.
- Give catchy product descriptions to make them google-friendly.
- Optimize your website with qualitative product images along with keyword-based alt text.
- Construct efficient URLs for proper search engine crawls.
- Use Google analytics which helps you to analyze your traffic and spot the accurate point of improvement.
- Improve your site navigation path with usability.
- Avoid broken links.
HOW TO OPTIMIZE PRODUCT PAGES FOR E-COMMERCE SEO
If you are trying to get organic traffic to your online store, then consider using the following strategies.
- Incorporate long-tail keywords in the product page description, because keywords are the first thing that works well on a seo plan.
- Construct human-readable URL slugs to target the keywords and improve usability and make it easier for visitors to navigate the site. It also makes the customer have a well-established trustworthy business to your store.
- To improve your product page’s exposure in search results, write a brief and accurate meta title.
- Optimize product page meta description because it has a direct influence on your click-through rate in search.
- Write your product description with two versions, displaying both in short and full descriptions.
- Use high-quality images by adding alt-text containing targeted keywords. Also, add videos to convey messages more effectively by making people stay longer on your page.
- Besides social proof, reviews also have an additional source containing keywords that are picked by google. They are a crucial factor of eCommerce product page optimization in increasing your ranks and sales.
- Make use of structured data markup which is a set of tags you can add to the page HTML code to make it more attractive in search.
ON-PAGE SEO TECHNIQUES FOR E-COMMERCE WEBSITES
On-page seo can help your eCommerce website rank higher by engaging with the users driving more traffic and converting into more leads. Some of the on-page seo techniques for eCommerce websites to be followed are:
- Keyword research and optimization.
- Boost your content with keyword intent analysis.
- Give a brief and meaningful keyword-based meta title and meta description.
- Implement header tags.
- Post a lot of positive reviews from your customers on your websites.
- Have a regular content audit to achieve excellence.
- Use highly qualitative images and videos in a compressed form to improve your page speed with alt text.
- Provide short navigation pathways to different sections.
- Use internal linking.
OFF-PAGE SEO TECHNIQUES FOR E-COMMERCE WEBSITES
Off-page seo is a tactic by linking other websites with your website. Some of the off-page seo techniques are:
The reason why backlinking is important is it adds confidence in the eyes of Google for that respective page. The more backlinks are present, it makes google see your page and increases the ranking for your targeted keywords.
CREATE HIGH-VALUE CONTENT
Create your content with high-quality data to make it worth which can solve an issue based on the keyword researched and will drive other business websites to link your site with their site.
EXTEND YOUR PARTNERSHIPS
Have a network of existing relationships with people, businesses, and organizations to can accept sponsorship from you, receive some free products and place a site backing to your site specifying the sponsorship.
If your products are been already around without mentioning your site, then immediately collect all the sites which have mentioned your products without any link connection. Reach out to each site owner individually with a brief and polite email telling them to link your website to the respective products or services mentioned with the relevant URL.
The final link-building strategy is to publish a blog on other websites because it usually makes them happy to let people post their blog on their sites for they get free content. And you can use the link back to your website in your article.
ORGANIC SOCIAL MEDIA DISCOVERY
Utilize the social media platform by posting your products with relevant hashtags. Interact with the customers personally to provide customer support. Monitor all the tools in the social media platform for generating more leads by converting visitors into customers.
Social Media don’t directly influence seo rankings but it can impact factors that affect your rankings. You can share links to your page in your social media profiles to drive more traffic. Create valuable and informative content to attract the visitors of your page who are seeking valuable knowledge. Once if they find it informative then they will spend time gathering more information about your pages on your website. This creates more brand exposure driving more leads to your pages.
Facebook is one of the best sites to share your content with your followers. It allows you to share links to blogs, videos, and also in infographics. It also enables Google to crawl links in Facebook by investigating and indexing.
Twitter is also a great platform to share content but it cant be crawled like Facebook. But it offers a unique feature, which is the usage of hashtags. Hashtags act as the keywords for your content by which people can search for the content through hashtags.
Youtube’s popularity has climbed substantially in recent years for it contains video content. Videos are a great tool to boost organic traffic for it makes the leads engage longer sending a positive signal to Google, and rank higher with more valuable leads.
The main factors which you should follow to boost your seo using social media are:
- Share your content.
- Increase your followers organically.
- Build a positive reputation with your audience.
- Analyze your audience requirements.
- Increase engagement with your audience.
- Build brand awareness.
- Use hashtags with keywords.
Many of the eCommerce business owners want to jump directly straight with higher conversions. For making this real, you have to get people to your site before you can convert them on your offers. Beginning with eCommerce seo sets you with success if you follow the mentioned strategies and technics in generating more leads.